Sunday, December 4, 2011

Your Very Own Lip Balm

Making your own lip balm is so easy and cheap and fun to do! Whether it's kool-aidy sweet or subtle and sophisticated, this is a great recipe that will protect your lips from the weather as well as the nasty side effects of petroleum jelly. It's reassuring to know the ingredients of the products that we rub all over our bodies!

Here's all you need for this project!

2 oz Coconut Oil
2 oz Shea Butter
.7 oz White Beeswax
.5 oz Castor Oil
1/8 teaspoon mocha powder
10 chocolate chips

I like to use my crockpot...for everything. It's relaxing to me. But, if you're in a hurry a double boiler will work just fine. I put a Pyrex measuring cup into about an inch of hot water in the crock pot and measured out my beeswax. (I knew that Weight Watcher's food scale would come in handy some day!)

I added the coconut oil and Shea butter, stirring periodically, until it was all melted in.







Added the Mocha Powder for color and flavor and voila! Grown-up lip gloss. I also mixed some up with Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade to make a Sugar Lip Scrub. I added some lip safe mica coloring with this to make it bright and pink. A nice little work-out for the lips!








No comments:

Post a Comment